Why Choose Us?
When we tell you we offer exceptional care, its for good reason.
- Unlike many other oral and maxillofacial surgery practices, our doctors have been trained in medicine as well as dentistry. Dr. Kienle, Dr. Steinkeler and Dr. Gunawardena have their medical, as well as dental degrees, and are fully licensed to practice each of these professions within the State of Pennsylvania.
- Drs. Kienle, Steinkeler and Gunawardena are Board Certified by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, the national organization of this profession, which maintains high standards for board eligibility and certification of its members.
- In addition, our doctors are specialty trained in general and sedation anesthesia, and Drs. Kienle, Steinkeler and Gunawardena are Board Certified by the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology, ensuring that your surgical experience can be safe, comfortable, relaxed and pain-free.
- All of our facilities are accredited as office-based surgery centers by the Joint Commission (formerly the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, or JCAHO). In fact, we are the only private Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Center in the greater Philadelphia area that have achieved this distinction. This U.S. based not-for-profit organization sets standards and oversees the level of care provided by various healthcare facilities, such as hospitals, laboratories and nursing homes. In order to achieve accreditation by the Joint Commission, a surgical practice must consistently demonstrate a commitment to the highest level of patient safety and patient care. This means we can provide you with the highest level of surgical or emergency care (should you require it) outside of the hospital setting.
- All of our surgical assistants are licensed registered or practical nurses with certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Life Support (PALS). Our entire staff is focused on providing you with the highest level of safety and professional care.
For these reasons and more we have earned a reputation as the premier oral and maxillofacial surgery practice in the Delaware Valley, and have received referrals of patients from doctors across the Eastern region of the U.S. as well as internationally. Our practice and doctors have been consistently named to “Top Docs” and other local and national best doctor polls.
Oral Surgery Patient Reviews
Write a review about your visit to our oral surgery practice.